Change the outcome of your week with great intentionsSep 19, 2022
What’s your intention for your practice this week?
In The Practice Room, each week we have a Standup to set our intentions and set up the week. This helps us frame our practice to be goal-oriented, and keep us moving towards our dreams.
Think about the difference between going grocery shopping with a menu vs going shopping randomly. You need food, but which one is more likely to nourish you? Nom nom!
So. Take a minute and in your SPARK Practice Journal, or just a notebook, write down your big intention for the week.
The possibilities are endless and they are only there to gently support you.
Tips for great intentions?
- + Use 1st-person Singular “I” statements
- + Positive framing (no negs/double negatives)
- + Stretch with the right degree of difficulty (sustainable maximum progress is measured at about 73% outside the comfort zone - so use your SMART goals and stretch a bit, but not too much.
With practice - and depending on the rest of your schedule - you’ll see what’s a reasonable and exciting push forward for you.)
- + I feel relaxed moving through the upper register of my scales
- + I feel the groove and understand the rhythmic form of my piece _____
- + I love to sight read along with a recording of my favorite quartet / symphony / etc.
- + I have an opinion about the phrasing in the development of _____
Here we go! All set? Happy practicing! 🚀
Sign up for the year & get two months free! Link in bio or https://www.sparkpractice.com
#backtoschool #firstdayofschool #firstday #sparkpractice #happypracticing #practiceroom #howtopractice #motivation #practicehacks #intentionalpractice #deliberatepractice #musicpractice #orchestra #auditions #musicschool #musicconservatory #violin #viola #cello #doublebass #flute #oboe #clarinet #bassoon #frenchhorn #trumpet #nerd #funny #musicnerd #bandgeek
What if you COULDN’T WAIT to get on stage?
Do you want to feel confident about your practice room efficiency, joyful about your playing, and absolutely secure on stage?
Welcome to SPARK Practice, the neurologically-aligned Intentional Practice System for mindful performance excellence.
Get ready for a new way to practice with SPARK Practice and become a better musician every time you touch your instrument. Get news, invitations, & motivation delivered to your inbox.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.