Change the outcome of your week with great intentionsSep 19, 2022
What’s your intention for your practice this week?
In The Practice Room, each week we have a Standup to set our intentions and set up the week. This helps us frame our practice to be goal-oriented, and keep us moving towards our dreams.
Think about the difference between going grocery shopping with a menu vs going shopping randomly. You need food, but which one is more likely to nourish you? Nom nom!
So. Take a minute and in your SPARK Practice Journal, or just a notebook, write down your big intention for the week.
The possibilities are endless and they are only there to gently support you.
Tips for great intentions?
- + Use 1st-person Singular “I” statements
- + Positive framing (no negs/double negatives)
- + Stretch with the right degree of difficulty (sustainable maximum progress is measured at about 73% outside the comfort zone - so use your SMART goals and stretch a bit, but not too much.
With practice - and depending on the rest of your schedule - you’ll see what’s a reasonable and exciting push forward for you.)
- + I feel relaxed moving through the upper register of my scales
- + I feel the groove and understand the rhythmic form of my piece _____
- + I love to sight read along with a recording of my favorite quartet / symphony / etc.
- + I have an opinion about the phrasing in the development of _____
Here we go! All set? Happy practicing! 🚀
Sign up for the year & get two months free! Link in bio or https://www.sparkpractice.com
#backtoschool #firstdayofschool #firstday #sparkpractice #happypracticing #practiceroom #howtopractice #motivation #practicehacks #intentionalpractice #deliberatepractice #musicpractice #orchestra #auditions #musicschool #musicconservatory #violin #viola #cello #doublebass #flute #oboe #clarinet #bassoon #frenchhorn #trumpet #nerd #funny #musicnerd #bandgeek